Wednesday, March 07, 2007

where did you come from?

A while ago I signed up for this thing called "site meter". I wanted to know if anyone other than the usual suspsects is hitting this blog. Surprisingly the answer is yes. Hello lurkers!

No, I'm not posting the counter since this was for my info, to satisfy a personal curiosity and to check things like if my parents' town shows up associated with an IP address. So far no.

Anyhow, one of the features you get, if someone came here through a search, is what the search terms were. Here's the best yet: overly sensitive to female smell

No quotes in that search*, hence we have many words which, in isolation or various combinations, I'm sure occur on my blog with quite a high frequency.

For some reason, this made me think of the man test that is going around on email. It's a marketing gimmick so I hesistate to put the link up but, well, fuck it. It's not only offensive and funny (funny because I'm 70% manly it seems) but offers an interesting glimpse at the masculine identity stereotypes which are as stupid, damaging, and limiting as the female stereotypes I am more familiar with dissecting.

Go test yourself on "manly" knowledge and shit here if you must. But if you do, post your manliness score in my comments section because I'm dying to know who among you is more butch than me.

*A hint for doing your searches (I thought everyone knew this but I guess not). Type quotes around words you are searching for as phrases. E.g., "overly sensitive to female smell" and if that is too exclusive, try simply "overly sensitive" "female smell"

No comments: