Monday, March 12, 2007

Nap day

Among the many (many) things that make sense but we don't as a culture condone is this one. Nap Day. What a great idea. I didn't even know about it and I was participating today during the talk. That makes me feel all happy inside.

I'm still waiting for a chance to promote my suggestion for a celebration with presents like a wedding but for grown up people who aren't married. I'm feel quite certain that we as a society need this, and almost as certain that the best chance of it catching on is if it were promoted by a commercial entity. I don't have a snappy name for it but I think I've blogged about it before so I might have proposed a name then - though obviously not anything snappy or I guess I'd rememgber it.

Any suggestions? Something to cover "hey you've been living on your own for a while and you aren't married but you sure could use some home stuff" day. It'd be on a person's 29th birthday, maybe 30th although that has its own quasi rituals of hazing associated with it, especially for single 30s. To try to usurp that might be difficult. Hence my proposal for 29, but it's flexible. Really.
Really?
Yeah.
It's one of those days. I find I am writing and speaking as if I were being cross examined. Wtf. Guess I need another nap.

No comments: