Tuesday, August 22, 2006

188, 65, 200+

188 minutes was how long my phone call was. The one that just ended. It was with a friend I haven't spoken to in close to a year. "So what's new?" he asked. I debated refering him to the blog. It's a little dangerous since the last thing I want is to feel like I have to deal with people I know in a professional manner on my blog. Yes, there are some radio people who lurk around now and then (hello radio people), but, well, they are a little different.

So we talked and talked and talked. Still there was more I'm sure, but damn, your bladder can only go for so long. He's a close friend but not that close.

Sharon and M___ came over earlier tonight. We were talking about sex. Sharon has a new boyfriend, and mentioned the hassle of having to buy condoms for the first time in forever. "I always feel sort of embarrassed" I said, "But then I remember - I'm getting some! So fuck it, you know?"

The conversation continued to the "how many people you've had sex with" discussion. Now I had always assumed my figure was shockingly high. Even if I add in a couple for good measure (on account of the blur of my early college days), it turns out I'm an innocent little flower, comparatively speaking. Sharon claimed "somewhere around 65". And M____ trumped us both with 200+ guys. They are both five years younger than I am. Holy shit. It's not a judgment, I just can't imagine that many for myself. As long as it was a good thing for all involved, there isn't a damned thing wrong with it.

What's odd is that both of them say they have a specific type. This surprised me since I guess I'd have thought that having a type would mean you would have more limited scope, a smaller net, and so fewer fish to catch. By contrast, I don't think I have a terribly specific type (my sister is probably the best qualified to comment on that from an outside perspective - A___? Your thoughts?). I suggested my five year marriage might have slowed down my rate. Sharon said "I was in a seven year serious relationship for most of those!" Ok, so maybe not.

Now I'm wondering about this. I'm wondering if having a type means if someone meets a certain (minimal) set of criteria for the type, that person is immediately and imminently fuckable.

No comments: