Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Results of Graphically Constrained Cutting in a Way Too Long Post

This was a long but connected post. After posting it, I decided I wanted to edit it some. Attempts to edit the text around the warning sign images resulted in strange discontinuous writing. (It seems I should be editing it in the HTML view mode, still getting the hang of this.)

I've decided that the graphic constraints on the text has yielded something more interesting than the original post. To me at least. And really, who else is reading this blog?


Lately there is a professor, CN, who apparently (and rather spontaneously) decided I need some mentoring. Actually, I'm not sure she's volunteering

She thinks she is some kind of fucking guru or something. And that is just inappropriate.

Last year she admonished me about how I couldn't chase every dragon or

I left a new student, Dookie, off the list. I SWEAR I don't remember doing it on purpose. I am willing to believe that there was some subconscious dislike


So I replied to Dookie's bitchy e-mail and cc'd it to CN because she is the one officially in charge

Boy, you really over-reacted to D. You've got to let things like that roll off your back or


CN thinks I am asking her how to BE ME. I am not. I already know how

You cannot react to every grievance, every letter to the editor you disagree with, every student whine or grade complaint, every rejection from a journal, every non A, every thoughtless remark, or you won't have time to enjoy the blessings that life holds.


she does not know or respect me as well as I do myself, that this is a careless diversion for her, and therefore her opinions about and advice to me are invalid.

But I could have done without it right now

No comments: