Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Alternate Reality

She's smart and funny!
From UMass' Daily Collegian

I'm not a Trekkie. I swear I'm not, but as I was channel surfing (avoiding even the most trivial forms of commitment helps to minimize the risks of disappointment and despondency), I came across one of the various treks.

Right away I knew it was an episode that was set in one of those evil alternate dimensions. I knew it before any of the backstabbing and double-crossing that are the standard order in malicious parallel universes even started. I knew because there is a key defining feature of any evil alternate dimension in nearly all quasi-main stream sci-fi. This trans-series constant is the molecular instability of any material used for clothing by any female humanoid life forms.
....
I wonder why there aren't any evil incidents or alternate dimensions where the men are just barely dressed. I asked some women I know about this; specifically, what was their construction of an evil alternate dimension, and what were the men wearing there? The answers I got included mini kilts, boxers, the Playboy bunny outfit, and fig leaves (this one turned up three different times from women who were not acquainted with each other). From my sister it was, "Chaps, and that's it! Well, and the hat, of course." Obviously there's an audience for such depictions, so why haven't we seen them yet?

1 comment:

cjblue said...

Barbareeeeellllaaaaaaa!!!

qwtos: alternate reality chips, scantily clad and eeeevil. Inherently female.