Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Party Store

I'm in a better mood now. My friend (and neighbor) A and I went to the party store tonight to get stuff for my birthday. Damn those places are fun. At least they're fun if it's not the week before halloween. Among other things, my haul included a sparkly red hat, a feather boa, Hello Kitty dinnerware, and squirt guns.

The sparkly red hat and boa are for me to wear because I'm the birthday gal and also so I remember not to take myself too seriously. I desperately need the boost. I might even have to wear these items to school once or twice.

The Hello Kitty is for my brother AR, who I really hope comes because he and his asshole boyfriend just broke up and despite the ex being an asshole, my brother's devastated. I promised him Buffy episodes and chocolate as well.

The squirt guns are for guests to use on each other if anyone from school dares to talk for more than 5 minutes at a time about school or research.

My friend A has promised there will be arts and crafts....this involves paint but other than that we don't know if there will be any real crafts going on. We debated macaroni necklace making but decided it would be too messy. Especially since there will be sangria involved.

So now I'm back home, with a bag o'fun stuff, and relaxing. Well I was. Apparently I need to attend to the cat. He just announced something important by way of a lengthy polysyllabic meow from the living room. Ah...now he's on my dresser knocking things off. I believe the message is "get over here and entertain me, damn it!"

No comments: