Monday, July 11, 2005

Thoughts of Lyme and Broken HD

I'm awake and there really is no good reason for that. I'm exhausted. One tiny walk at HorseBarn Hill in the brilliant sunshine today and I'm pooped. So here it is, after three in the morning and I'm still up. Why? Too much on my mind I guess. I manged to get most of my data off my now completely destroyed hard drive, although I have sacrificed all the program files and various things like my links folder. Tonight, the drive was entirely inaccessible, preventing me from starting up with the working drive, so I finally yanked it out. To paraphrase Bruno, the Italian tour guide, "The hard drive, she is broke". Indeed, I think it may be more accurate to say she is dead. That's what I get for naming her Persephone. Maybe in a few months she'll come around. Until then, I think I'll leave her unplugged.

The picture is of T explaining the cat's cradle to Max. It's from when we first moved into the old place...that was the summer of Lyme. Oh what a wretched time to contemplate. But I don't want to forget it because then I forget to be thankful for the small things in my life that make it livable and good now that I seem to have kicked the acute Lyme, like being able to shower or drive. Lyme sucks, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

No comments: