Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sick

Ok, I'm genuinely sick. I've been denying the reality of it for a few days, assuming it's just this or that transient thing, nothing to make a huge deal about. It's hard to recognize when I've gone and caught something in my post lyme life since I sometimes just don't feel good for no apparent or treatable reason. I've learned to assume feeling swimmy headed or fatigued from time to time is part of my life. That doesn't mean I don't complain about it when it gets bad (as my blog even thus far can more than attest to), but it does mean I don't see it as a departure from normal. But I think the time has come for me to acknowledge that this is more than the routine post lyme blahs. I do believe I am plain ol' fashioned sick.

I made it most of the weekend, but the fever's going up up up....hm. What to do.

Aha. I remembered a few moments ago that I have a 3 day script for Cipro on the fridge.

So here are my options:
- Get the Cipro filled and take it til Monday when I can talk to my doc, who might bitch me out for doing that.
- Go to the E.R. as my doctor told me to do on Thursday if my head aches got worse (it was worse Friday, but now the head's about as it was on Thursday). The time for that has passed then.
- Page the person on call for my doctor and let him weigh in on the decision. I don't know him, he doesn't know me, and I have no patience for asshole doctors. Which he probably is given the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of any randomly selected doctor being an asshole.

I'm leaning towards the Cipro route as it minimizes contact with the medical professionals but will help knock this down if it's an infection. How utterly irresponsible of me to take antibiotics like that. I just want you all to know that the CDC probably would say you should never ever try this at home.

Jeez, I'm feeling so indecisive. Probably part of the not well thing. Makes you less mentally um, accurate. Sharp. Whatever.

Oh hell. Just looked in my e-mail. T wrote to me. And I've got cramps (a week early). Wow. I did mention that when things go bad for me lately they go absurdly bad, didn't I? Relevant to that - yesterday, although I barely got out and did anything, I managed to drop a plant (a large window box planter of catnip) onto my head, hurting myself and spilling dirt and catnip all over my friend's carpet, window sill, and speaker, as well as into the baseboard electric heater. That'll be a nice little present for winter. I think I need a helmet, at least until this period in my life has passed. The plant makes three (?) things that have fallen on or just past my head in the last couple of weeks.

Off to get the Cipro and some more Tylenol. Evil stuff but it helps with the fever.


No comments: