Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Flowers

Ganesh is here because although I don't claim to know jack about hinduism, I have always sort of liked what I've picked up about Ganesh. And I'd like a positive symbol at the moment.

The friend I was arguing with last night (AS) got me flowers and a book (Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, David Sedaris).
The flowers were to make me smile and the book is to make me laugh.

My life has been getting somewhat negative these days, and while I am (understandably) apprehensive about intimacy at the moment, I am willing to accept the comfort that comes from a nice act such as this one.

I am a social person. I always have been. I feel very deeply for people I care about, and when I feel betrayed or massively disappointed by one of them, I get pretty down on people in general...myself included. Hence the argument. This small but kind act from my friend (who I argued with and who then turned around and brought me flowers and this book) helps to restore my faith in people. Sounds a little hokey, right? It is hokey if it is insincere.

Now I have to go brush my teeth and go to bed. Long day tomorrow. Doctor's office. I think I'll bring the book.

No comments: