Friday, June 02, 2006

Max update

The Big Orange is doing better. His bloodwork was good and he's on prednisone again, which I think is helping. He's got new food (newer than the new a few weeks ago) which seems to be working well. It's kitty wheaties apparently, or at least kitty fiber food. Now, does anyone in the US remember the Wheaties cereal jingle? It goes something like:

"Before a day of (clause ending with a word which rhymes with wheaties),
I get the eaties for my Wheaties"

I started singing it about Max ("....I get the eaties for Kitty Wheaties") but got stuck. I asked my fella A___ for help with what a cat might do that rhymes with "Wheaties" (and "eaties"). A____ looked at me like I was maybe a little bit crazy. This is nothing new, I'm used to it when I get singy. I only recently started singing in front of him. I habitually sing and make puns in front of people I am quite close to if they're around a lot. I blame my sister. I used to sing to entertain her. She encouraged it (you hear that Miss A___?). Please note that I can barely carry a tune. This is singing for humor's sake alone, not for any art. I wonder though, maybe I should have done this more often and eariler on in past relationships. It might have helped screen out a few people before the shit all hit the fan. I digress. Back to kitty Wheaties.

I explained about the jingle, the breakfast cereal, fiber, etc. I don't think he doubted me but since he's soooooo much younger than me, he doesn't remember the Wheaties song.

A quick google search only resulted in a few hits, but this one truly comforted me. It seems the Wheaties jingle occasionally occurs to people as a sort of fragmented hallucinatory experience. Good lord I'm happy I'm not the only one whose head this song pops into and who tries to explain it to people around her who have no idea what she is talking about.

Now I have to think of what Max might do that rhymes with Wheaties because the song is in my head and I think it won't go away until it has reached some resolution. He's an indoor only cat, so "catching tweeties" doesn't work. Suggestions are welcome.

Max sunning himself at my old apartment. In my current apartment, the bed is right next to an east facing window, so he gets nice morning sunlight.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Pretty pictures!

I LOVE when people are silly like that, and I do it too.

You need to find someone who likes to sing and be goofy as much as you do.

There are men out there who will do this, you just gotta find them! :-)

If anything, my husband Dave is even more like this than I am.

Example: We have this perpetual puddle in our driveway, we call it "Lake driveway". In it lives a frog. We call him "Señor Froggie".

Whenever we get close to the puddle, Señor Froggie dives under the mud at the bottom and won't come up. So this morning, Dave and I are squatting next to Lake Driveway calling: "Señor Froggggggieeee..... Señor Frogggggiiieeeee.... where arrrre you?" And we didn't notice my neighbor is standing right behind us. LOL.

PFG said...

Hey Kate!

Generally, I'm the one who holds back on the silly. Just one of many issues I suppose...

Lake Driveway indeed. The volume that allows for it to have sublevels suggests it could someday be The Driveway Sea. I certainly hope not though!