Tuesday, April 25, 2006

For mom

I just got one of those annoying e-mail ads. This was from a department store where I think I once ordered christmas presents for my ex's family. The line was "Find the perfect gift for mother's day!"

Out of curiosity, I clicked to see what this store thinks people who care deeply about their mothers would be interested in giving mom for mother's day. It seems mothers would like to be treated as if they were Hello Kitty characters or oversized Barbie dolls.

Tell mom she's special.
Buy her pink kitchen stuff.



A quick search of Mother's Day in google turned up some interesting gift sites. You know, all the online merchants package stuff for each gift buying holiday.

But here's one I really wasn't expecting:
Nothing says "I love you mom"
like a beef stick basket.

1 comment:

PFG said...

Oh yeah.
Perhaps there will be paper doilies involved.