Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Career opportunity

I was just looking over the Phoenix website for stuff to do in Providence RI when I go this June for a conference. It's months off, I know, but I don't get out much. I really want to make the most of this trip to a BIG CITY! Out here, it's just cows and stuff.

Across the top of the website was a banner saying "Auditions - Student Performers Needed" in this sort of tech fried font. I'm not looking to audition for anything and I'm not a performer, but something about it made me curious. This should probably be a warning to me that it is definitely time to get the hell out of grad school.

I clicked. Here's what it was:
The following Entertainment role is available as part of the Disney College Program at the Walt Disney World® Resort. The description below provides an overview of the responsibilities included in this role. It is important to note that this role may include, but is not limited to, the description below.
Oh yeah, I'm thinking fuck grad school, I want to spend a luxurious year in "prolonged exposure to outside elements, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions"

It got better:
"Special consideration will be given to Disney Animated Character "look-alikes"..."

I'm reading this and having thoughts of someone people stop on the street to say "you know, you look exactly like a tea-cup!"

I guess it's not that odd. I think my mother looks sort of like Lumiere...








And my ex husband bears a resemblance to Flounder, through the face at least.


Please note: My ex husband did not ever look this wide or greasy when we were together. He has, however, always looked like Flounder.






Is PFG...
Trying out for a Disney role?
Or
Responding to a first year grad student who thinks that, when he runs out of conversation topics, asking about PFG's dissertation reseach is a good idea?

2 comments:

cjblue said...

What is it with Disney glamourizing (sp?) these jobs? They've been blasting their ads all over the place! I've heard the ads several times on my local radio station.

Your mom DOES look like lumiere! And don't get me started on the ex. Let me just say that Flounder is cute, helpful and friendly. Not so for ex.

I can get you mafia man's recommendations on what to do in Providence. I think he owns a bar/nightclub or something.

Also, can you please tell me about the word invalid? As in one who is incapacitated vs. faulty reasoning, null & void? You're the bug lady, you should know this.

PFG said...

Oh come on. You wouldn't want to be treated in the ER by Flounder?
As for "invalid", I blame the French.