Thursday, May 03, 2007

me and the cat

Are not feeling well tonight.

I am not feeling well because the wonderful pills I have been taking since February sort of started working less well and are essentially now not doing jack to slow down or reduce what I take them for. I put up with some of it, hoping I was just having a series of off days. Now that I've been migrainey for a few days in a row, I've finally decided to increase the dose. Yes, it's a doctor approved dose increase, many doctor approved in fact. Back in February, two of them told me I'd probably need to increase the dose at some point - so now it's just a matter of waiting for one of those two to actually call that in.

Meanwhile, I take two pills tonight. Took one already and it's making me sleepy. And misspelly. And I still have a headache that feels like someone took my head out bowling, rolling round and round and then BANG! repeatedly. It feels exactly like you would imagine your head would feel after a night of that. Not right after, just the morning after.

Max the cat is not feeling well because he is a bad kitty and he went digging through the trash to find the mostly empty can from the cheap regular old non-prescription cat food I give to one of the outdoor kitties in my neighborhood. Max is on special kitty food because Max got really fucking sick eating not special kitty food. There's only so many times you can clean up Salmon Supper vomit and pay for expensive bloodwork (and other expensive things) on the cat before you gotta just throw in the towel and go with the non-vomit inducing expensive prescription cat food. However, the forbidden fruit of Friskies Mariner's Catch apparently was too alluring for Max. So much so that he is now in one of his hiding places, a foot rest with a blankie draped over it - legs and tail sticking out of course. He hides so well.

I'm about to go find a PFG hiding place I think. I'm not picky. It just needs to be near the bathroom.