Monday, May 07, 2007

Jittery

Small wonder, it's 2:40 in the AM and I'm up.

Thank god the interview is at 2:00 PM. I wanted to go to campus after but at a more leisurely pace to turn in my research protocol. Instead, I found out today (technically yesterday) that immediately after my interview, I'll be flying onto campus to try to scramble to find data which I'm pretty damned sure I gave my advisor last year. She says she can't find it. In fact, what she says doesn't even refer to a second let along first thought of her having thought she ever had it. She said "Can you come in and give me that data on Monday?"
I said "Er...yes?"

"Yes?" because the old files may have been thrown out with the super old mac we ditched last year. I know I burned that shit to a CD and handed it all over to her though. I remember I offered to put a bow on it. I'm hoping some shred of it is lying around somewhere in the lab. Fuckity fuck if it isn't.

At some point here I have to go to bed and try to sleep however I am feeling rather unsleepy due to my jittery jitters. Fortunately, the pills make the getting to sleep part pretty easy - unfortunately I've noticed a distinct tendency to sleep quite lightly these days and to wake up feeling like I was drugged. No surprise there I suppose. I am drugged.

Aarrrrrggghhhh. Job, school, health fuckery, and surgery be damned. I think it is at this point I am suppose to look at the camera with a fed up and frazzled grimace and say the magic words - Calgon, take me away!

No comments: