Saturday, September 16, 2006

Off

I guess I'm about to plunge into another apartment search. In about a half hour, I'm going to meet the guy with the white van. And then I have way too many essays to grade (yeah because I thought I'd be smart and give them a writing assignment) and at least one and a half lecture notes to write up. No cleaning for me this weekend. I'll be happy if I have laundry and washed outfits to wear next week.

This week we're doing conversational interaction in my class. Got some stuff on women and men and turn taking. By the time I am done with this section, my goal is to have instilled in at least some of them an unshakable increased awareness of discourse bullshit and shennanigans. It's a good skill to have in life. I did not put that on my syllabus, although I did make mention of "critical thinking skills".

Off to get semicleaned to meet the guy and look at the apartment. Mutant landlord pictures are possibly forthcoming.

No comments: