Tuesday, September 12, 2006

bunnies and pirates and pimps oh my!

This morning, while the roofers made noise and sprayed things outside my window (spray on roof. Who knew?), I was looking at a list from yahoo of "top 20 halloween costumes" (below).

There is no explanation of how this set was derived. I'd guess not from the neighborhood kids (if not for the playboy bunny and pimp costumes, definitely the Wizard of Oz). Let's see. I've been 1 (twice because it's easy seeing as I'm half pirate anyhow), 2 (but not for halloween, for fair(e) work), 5, and 6 (dorothy of course). I've also done greek monsters (medusa although my friend Kathy said I looked like Cher), killer prom queen, statue of liberty, devil bride, um...other stuff. Never been a cat, never been a fucking playboy bunny. Good god.

I notice lots of duplications on this list, i.e., pirate, pirates of the caribbean costume, and Jack Sparrow costume all seem to suffer from an excess of entailment.

This year, I am not sure. I usually have an idea in May. However, since I stopped having a house which meant I stopped having halloween parties, I haven't found much of a venue here in the woods of CT for halloween revelry. Been to some but they sucked LOTS and really weren't worth going out for, let alone going out as the cold miser for. E.g., the english department party. Overcrowded, overlit, and undertuned.

So what will you be this year? Bunny, pirate, pimp, or something more original?
1. Pirate Costumes
2. Renaissance Costumes
3. Star Wars Costumes
4. Belly Dance Costumes
5. Fairy Costumes
6. Wizard of Oz Costumes
7. Tinkerbell Costumes
8. Jack Sparrow Costumes
9. Toga Costumes
10. Mermaid Costumes
11. Medieval Costumes
12. Playboy Bunny Costumes
13. Power Ranger Costumes
14. Superman Costumes
15. Batman Costumes
16. Pirates of the Caribbean Costumes
17. Alice in Wonderland Costumes
18. Pimp Costumes
19. Princess Costumes
20. Cinderella Costumes

No comments: