Friday, September 22, 2006

Good news, bad news II

I think I had a post of a similar title at a similar time a year ago. I'll have to go check that. I don't recommend any of you do, it's likely to be rambling shit about the ex and big fat breakup shit.
This year's pre-birthday good news/bad news for me is as follows.

The good news is I think I'm getting a sense of prepping for teaching in terms of what I can reasonably expect to cover, how to leave room for discussion and questions, shit like that. I'm not saying I've got it down, just that I finally have a fucking clue.

The bad news is tomorrow was not a prep intensive day and I only just now finished.

Good news: After several rounds of PT and playing "pull my leg" (literally) with my very nice and very preggers therapist twice a week at the strange circus-like clinic, after a month of religiously doing my exercises, my hip was finally not hurting most of the time for over a week.
Bad news: Migraine sex fucked it up again. I think that was what did it, not sure but it's been screwy since (hey, you should see the other guy).

Good news: My birthday is in 3 days.
Bad news: I SWEAR I saw a whole bushel more lines under my eyes tonight when I was washing my face than I saw yesterday. I'm not aging (look wise) fast enough to be super freaked about looking very old yet. That's coming, I can feel it, but it's not here yet. What I am freaked (a little) about is the getting and being old part. My body's already acting quite a bit past the prime. I think none of us looks forward to an aged existence (who would? we treat our old people worse than we treat our young people). But generally it seems that's a sense of dread based on what we've seen happening to others. I know, I used to have that objectivity. To have my own sneak preview in Feel-A-Round sucks on a very subjective, personal, and sucky level. So the eye lines are visible evidence that I really am as old as I feel.

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

bummer about being a Libran, girl,
everybody knows Librans are evil.
also, i don't mean to pry, but what's migraine sex? is it what it sounds like?
i wonder if that would work on a toothache.



The Libran character can be frivolous, flirty and quite shallow. In romance they can be indulgent to the point of hedonistic.

Librans can be changeable and indecisive,impatient of routine, boringly conventional and timid . Because they are slow to anger, Librans will shock everyone around them with their sudden outbursts of rage. Many Librans have been known to be hopeless gamblers.They are seldom happy in marriage.


the internet has spoken.
seriously though, happy friggin' birthday.
may your day be free of pain in head and hip.
either way, your one year closer to learning what it's all about.

D said...

Happy Bloody Birthday, ye poor old thing.

Here's my take on Librans, I'm no astrologer but have slept with enough of them ... so my lady's love lips have a thing or 2 to add to G's (above) astrologo-blurb.

Librans are charming, like a brease, not a hurricane, but they've been known to split a situation that they find pointless, like a bat outa hell, kind of like a freak gust of wind. They don't do it often, but they do it well.

Librans move to the beat of other's drums, so it seems to the dumb arse drumers. They SEEEEEEEM, to move for, with, and by the call of others, but they are ultimately extremely independent. So, if a libran is your mate or lover, you can bet that they are there because they want to be there, even if its because they love your wall paper and they find that a fitting reason to reside near you, then so be it.

Librans have wisdom, but they don't trade in it, they trade in other currency; like compulsive newness seeking, or a simple extra sensory experience or ... a nice simple competition. Where there is motion and the twisted, there will be a Libran standing by watching for the right time to enter the game, for just a moment long enough to satisfy their lust for good life.

A libran is a top partner in crime because they sink their teeth in. Male Librans tend to play too hard and women tend to think too hard.

I love that when I wrote that I felt like I was tuned into some kinda friggin astro plane, but I know I wasn't.

Don't you love astrology ... it's such an easy pile o crap to eat ... even I sound like a flippin' astro-star-gazin' tripped princess-pot-head when I wanna be.

Oh, I think i need an early night.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

D