Friday, July 14, 2006

Bright sidishness

Today I found out two nice things.
One is that my laptop will be here soon. This will not fix everything and I'm going into debt for it however, it will make my life a lot easier. I can now have my own (yay) set up for collecting and analyzing my dissertation data. This really will help a ton.

Two is that I found out the schedule for the class I'm teaching in the Fall. I believe my exact words when I was asked what time I'd like to teach were "Afternoon...the later the better." And whoopee, it is! Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:00 to 3:50. How fucking great is that? It's very fucking great. I do want to ask opinions though. If you're an old fart (like me) think back to when you were college aged. If you're a young un', just answer. If you had a class with that schedule, would you ever go if Friday was for discussion? I think making it Monday would risk too much info loss due to weekend activities. Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

Malnurtured Snay said...

I'm an old fart going back to college. Does that count? As I'll be returning to college as a twenty-eight year old ... nope, I'm pretty sure I'd blow off Fridays on the general principle of the whole thing.

I just got a laptop too. Well, couple months ago. LOVE IT. Blogging from bed. What's better?

PFG said...

That counts. And it's useful, so thanks. I had someone suggest I do discussion on Wednesday because then I avoid the whole "forget everything over the weekend" and "friday-itis" issues, but I worry that this would be a little disruptive to lecture continuity.