Friday, May 26, 2006

Today was a good day!

Today was much better than Monday. First off, I got my period. Ok, I know, usually not something to cheer about but it's good for me because that means the first day will not be Saturday, when my brother and I are driving up to my sister's place to get ready for her graduation on Sunday. And it will not be Sunday, when I'm cooking food for The Aunties (insert suspenseful music there). Yes, it sucked to do my laundry with cramps today, but there is the considerable bright side of not needing to have them bad while dealing with holiday traffic and/or relatives I haven't seen since the unfortunate family portrait incident back in 2000.

Second, I found a set of papers on interpersonal coordination that will help me write something other than "All work and no play makes PFG want to throw knives" in the perpetual paper.

And lastly, and best, there was the good news that Enron bandits Lay and Skilling were not let off the hook. They are Guilty!
Let's count 'em up.
(from the Boston Globe)
Lay was convicted on all six counts of conspiracy, securities and wire fraud against him in the corporate trial and all four in the personal banking trial.
Former Chief Executive Skilling was convicted on 19 of the 28 counts in the corporate trial, including one count of insider trading...

2 comments:

WinterWheat said...

It's good to know that hubris isn't tolerated in men either (thinking of Martha Stewart here).

Mick & Cathy said...

I'm in suspense, what happend at the unfortunate family portrait incident ?

Have a good weekend.