Friday, May 12, 2006

Arts and crafts

I think I forgot to post about this but I met my ex's new girlfriend last week. He brought her to a dissertation defense party. Although we spoke several times that day (he was on campus for the defense), he didn't mention it to me. He did, however, corner my poor friend S___ to ask her if she thought I'd be ok with it. So there I am at the party, having a cigarette with S___ and A___ in the driveway when S___ tells me about it...in passing, as part of another conversation. My reaction? "Huh? What? He's bringing her...here? Now? Shit."

The nice surprising thing was that he downgraded. She's not a beast but she's no prize winning beauty. She has pretty much all of my negative physical characteristics (too pale, boring coloring, not an exceptional body) and then some (flat wide ass, bad bone structure, no style what so ever). What I could see of a personality was not impressive either. I summed her up as a humorless sourpuss with an ass like an ibook. This really did make me feel better.

So today, I was thinking today about what to do with some ex junk I still have lying around. I took care of the physical evidence of the ex, but in this age we have other closets to clean out after a break up. A scan through your hard drive while trying to free up space can be a mine field of heartaches in the year after a break up. What to do with the pictures lurking my computer? I could just delete them but that's not very satisfying. I decided this evening I should use them creatively. For example, here is a picture of me and Antonio Banderas starring as "My Ex".

(note to cjblue - tell Polina that Antiono is MINE, and now I have the picture to prove it)


For funny stuff of more broad appeal, go here . God I love Will Ferrell's baby Bush impressions. Thanks to Kate for this clip of Bush on Global Warming(s).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your use of the pics...can't wait to see another.