Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween

Not doing anything big for the holiday. I'm not expecting many trick or treaters either, but I have some candy just in case. My big plans include getting take out Thai, watching the rest of the movies tonight while eating more halloween candy than is good for anyone, and possibly working on a draft of my much overdue manuscript. Wow. That last one is scary at least.

The weather is amazing. Last night I stood out on the balcony and enjoyed the feeling of the season. Beautiful. It sounds more picturesque than it is. The "balcony" of which I speak is more like a walkway around the second floor of the "historic" building my apartment is in. From outside the door to my friend A's apartment (which is where I was standing), the view to the north includes the courtyard and the woods behind the building and the view to the west is dominated by the liquor store's parking lot. I tend to look north. It's prettier.

Tomorrow's the new moon, so it's a good night for separating from outdated habits and abandoned paths and looking towards new beginnings. I think a midnight stroll by the dam might be in order this evening.

Here's a jack o'lantern my friend A and I made a couple of days ago. This one's from a pattern. Those little bitty branches were a bitch! Plus, it turns out that A and I are both a little OCD when it comes to certain things like cooking, powerpoint, and, it seems, pumpkin carving. But the result was quite satisfactory.



Happy Halloween

No comments: