Wednesday, July 16, 2008

summer cold?

Last day of work and the first student I met with had the sniffles. I didn't think much of it, until this morning when I woke up with my ears crackling and my head feeling stuffed full of achy tightness.

Bright side? Um....my current boss invited me to lunch sometime this or next week. This is nice although possibly only that. The issue is I need a job, they have an opening (it just opened up), but I don't think lunch means anything more than lunch. I have a few reasons for thinking this. One is that I've dropped several rather pointed hints (her: "Let me know if there's anything I can do for you", me: "Ok. You can give me a job") and she's not picked 'em up. The other came yesterday, when the topic of job searching came up a few times (several of my co-workers are looking for jobs or looking to change jobs right now). In response to hearing about two positions I'd applied to most recently, my boss said that I probably wouldn't get a call. She said this about each job and it made me feel this big.

No comments: