Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Here comes the rain

Again.

It just started, after several days of blistering hot. The last time it rained I got all excited, thinking the heat would break. Nope. It just got humid. I still do like the rain though. The windows are open, it's dark, and I can hear the rain just starting up like distant applause. Too much to hope it means a break in the heat? Probably. So I'll just enjoy it for what it is for now.

A____ and I have been total couch potatoes this weekend which has for me extended into Tuesday. I occasionally get up to apply to a job or run an errand but mostly I've been low key. I was looking around Monday thinking "Man, I should clean this place up. Why haven't I cleaned? I've been off work...." then I walked out of the one air conditioned room in the apartment and into the suffocatingly hot hall and remembered, right - because I could clean one room or pass out from heat stroke. For now, I'll just look at this as a bit of a vacation, my unemployed state and the heat conspiring to keep me in and lazy. Something like being in the tea room except my life's ok. Yeah, I'm looking for work and yeah, it sometimes keeps me up at night worrying about money, but I've got some savings, family, a cat who is super pleased that his people are around so much, and of course A___ - who is all sorts of wonderful.

No comments: