Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanks giving

I need to remind myself that there are things in my life that I am genuinely grateful for. I've been in and out of a rather shitty mood the past week. So here's my reminder to myself that there are things that are good and which I should celebrate.

I am thankful for my health, which hasn't been stellar but which is much better than when I had acute Lyme disease. I remind myself at least once a week to rejoice in this.
I am thankful for the people I love in my life, my sister and brother, my dear friends.
I am thankful for my friends who let me rant at them or send ill tempered e-mails to them instead of to the people who provoked the ill temper. This has saved me quite a bit of grief.
I am thankful for my cat.
I am thankful that I have my own apartment near a wonderful friend and 4 miles away from campus. Hole in the ceiling, yes, but there is still alot about this place that I love.
I am thankful that I do not take shit from people.
I am thankful that the clerk at the video store I was at Sunday night noticed my driver's license had been expired for two months. Really. I am so unbelievably thankful for that because I had NO IDEA and while it was a little embarassing to be denied a video store account because of it, I can imagine it would have been much worse to have been stopped by a cop while driving with an invalid license.
I am thankful that I can still laugh hard about something at least once a day, like my new driver's license picture.

1 comment:

mireille said...

I'm glad you have these things to be grateful for! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! xoxo