Wednesday, January 02, 2008

mad skills

Hey guess what? I type fast. I was looking at jobs I am qualified to do and happened to undertake a quick search for online typing tests. While many of them annoyingly put little floating underscores on the text you're supposed to be typing and confound you by not counting errors even if you deleted and retyped properly, I managed to consistently get in the 70 wpm with some errors (which I had fixed even in the time frame of the test) and 59 wpm with no errors. Woo-hoo.
So nearly 9 years of grad school and I'm thinking that my typing skills will probably be the thing most likely to get me a paying job.

Yeah. I feel so like it was all worth it.

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

And that my friend is the reason I didn't go to grad school! I used to type 120+ wpm, then since I hurt my hand I'm about 80+. I have since High School survived on the fact I'm a fast typer. Go figure.

20 years in the theatre and I end up doing data entry for a shitty company to pay the mortgage.

At least I still have all 10 fingers.

PFG said...

Yeah, I sometimes wonder what my typing speed was before the arthritis. Probably best I don't know so I can't dwell on it.

I think this is exactly where I'm heading, at least for the near future. Got bills that need paying.