Sunday, February 19, 2006

Message sent - look at my ass

I'm supposedto be working but I was sending e-mail. Whew. That feels better. I feel like I just went to confession. To the point - I have a yahoo account. In the various mail screens, there tend to be ads with graphics in the margins. I suppose because I am registered as a woman, I get a lot of ads for zapping wrinkles, removing crow's feet, lightening circles under my eyes, busting cellulite, melting inches off my waist and hips, adding them to my chest, and plumping my lips. There is a nearly constant barrage of tits and ass in the sidelines of my e-mail.

Normally I gloss over it. Sometimes the ads flash and piss me off. Then I take the time to shut them down. But occasionally I see an image quickly as I am clicking to another screen and I don't register it entirely consciously immediately, leaving me with an intrusive image of unknown origin. Such was the case tonight when I was taken to the "message sent" screen. I briefly registered that my message had been sent to blah, blah, and blah as I clicked on "back to inbox". At my inbox screen, I thought "Why am I thinking of a perfect tanned artfully lit ass barely covered by a white bikini?"

Oh that's right. It was part of the montage of "simulated images"* from a BodyShape by Hydroderm ad. It promises to improve the appearance of my skin tone. It alludes to being able to give me a white bikini clad tanned tight ass, a flat belly, taut cut thighs and calves, and an absolutely stunning collar bone.

I wish there was a way to opt out of the ads. At least the picture ones. It's not that I am terribly bothered by seeing ass. That's fine. But I'm not expecting it in the short trip from sending a message to returning to my inbox. I guess it could be worse. The ass could emit a seizure inducing strobe and then present a line of flashing text telling me how to fix my bad credit.

* I went back and examined the ad. It actually says "simulated images" in tiny text at the bottom corner.

No comments: