Thursday, February 09, 2006

Before there was photoshop...

...There were highlighters, soft lead pencils, and ballpoint pens. Another find from my box o'crap. This was tucked in the pages of a journal, although which year is hard to determine because in my youthful shortsightedness, I didn't put years on the dates of the entries. And while reading them for context clues is sometimes amusing, it is also often disturbing and I'm not really in the mood for that right now.
















As a teen, I read the paper more to find pictures to redraw than to learn about the news. But some of it did sink in, I think. Possibly news photo vandalism is an untapped educational material, a way for adolescents to familiarize themselves with current events.

1 comment:

cjblue said...

HAHA! Satan River, NJ, eh? I've been there, for sure.

You're a very talented artist.