Tuesday, July 24, 2007

tax free shopping

Woohoo. CT is having it's annual tax free shopping days in about a month. Which is good because thanks to the progesterone and the elavil, I've put back on some weight. Enough that the skinny clothes I've accumulated over the last two years either don't fit or don't fit well anymore. I hate shopping, but I hate not having anything to wear that is comfortable and doesn't make me look like I'm busting out all over. (I'm not happy about the extra cost to the wardrobe, but I am definitely looking forward to not freezing my ass off this winter if I can keep the weight on.)

While I'm on the topic of clothing, why the hell are all the summer pants fucking capris? It's gotten as bad as the open toe shoe thing. I dare you to find summer shoes (shoes, not sneakers or boots) that don't show at least some toe. Similarly, if you don't want jeans or dress pants, you're stuck with capris. I remember them the last time around. At that point, I was about 14 and capris were cute. Now that I'm 35, I'm not really in the mood for "cute" all the time. I want pants dammit.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

Oh good luck! How cool is that tax free shopping! I just go to Delaware.