Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sniffle

The mild winter is being mean to my allergies. I never had "allergies" growing up, not of the sniffling sneezing itchy eye type at least. Not until I was in my late 20s and living in Michigan did I finally know what misery people go through. Since that started, I have learned to I look forward to snow, cold, and dryness after a November of leaf mold has had my head spinning, literally. But with this weather, I am finding my allergies active in January. It's just wrong.

I spent too much time today in the soundbooth trying to troubleshoot "noise" in our recordings. We don't know what it is or why it's there, but we do know that you shouldn't have to filter recordings made in a fucking soundbooth. It sort of defeats the purpose. Sadly, I am not an engineer so I can only use trial and error to isolate and eliminate the variables in a very mechanical way...this mic, that mic, this jack, that one, high, low, etc. Frustrating and cramped, I fled finally knowing nothing conclusive. I think there's a soundbooth psychosis that sets in. By the end of two hours in there, I started saying things like "La la la...I'm Brittney Spears" for the soundcheck (for some reason, wearing a headset mic makes me feel like a former mouseketeer turned pop star). These recordings sound especially great since I have the allergy thing going on. I sound like Maryann Faithful.

Ok. Enough whining. Today's daily kitten is adorable - go check her out. She looks like a smaller fluffier version of my cat Max. She even has the Max pose down, on the back with the legs every which way.

No comments: