Friday, August 15, 2008

will it work?

A video of my cat making out with his catnip plant. The quality is bad because it's recorded on a cell phone. But what I'm wondering is will it even play? Go blogger - yay! The lovely audio is the downstairs neighbors remodeling. At least they have the decency to work on the condo during reasonable hours (not like my old landlord, who felt 10:00 PM was a perfectly reasonable time to begin stripping the floor on the apartment above me). When I get a chance to sneak into my (ex) lab next, I'll use the version of quicktime pro I bought those losers and add some nicer audio. Perhaps a love song, maybe some Isaac Hayes. For now, I give you my cat (with carpentry, allergro ma non troppo).

2 comments:

D said...

hi,
what's with the cat-nip plant?
do tell??
(I have twin sissy kits)
do you think they would like a cat-nip plant??
I'm curious now.

hope you're ok,
d

PFG said...

Hey D!

Cat loves his nip. And I noticed in the grocery store some time back that they sold potted herbs, including nip. This is the last of many plants which I would place up on the window sill behind a curtain to keep the kitty away from them. Unfortunately, they were so well hidden that it also kept me and the watering can away from them. This one plant though has lasted a while since I realized that I can leave it on the floor for the cat to munch on (i.e. "make out with", as A____ calls it). I'd thought the cat would destroy it if given unfettered access, but it turns out he only wants to chew on it sometimes. Other times, he just lies near or on a bit of it.

I don't know how your kitties will do. Try 'em and see. And post pix.