Sunday, August 17, 2008

Personal lies

Bubblewench has asked "What are your personal lies?" That is, lies you tell yourself to get you through your day. Here are some of mine.
- People find me more charming than abrasive.
- My cat is going to live forever.
- Someday when I live near real doctors at real hospitals and I once again have good health insurance, I will be given a diagnosis of something which explains all my daily physical ailments, is readily treatable by eating something q.i.d. that tastes remarkably like candy, which has a 100% cure rate, and which has any or all of the following side effects: boundless energy, an unshakable sense of happiness and belonging, increased intellectual efficiency, and multiple orgasms.
- I do not have an autoimmune disease.
- The real reason I haven't found a job yet is that all of these jobs I've applied for are crap. The excellent, just right job for me is still out there waiting and will make itself known ANY DAY NOW, but certainly before I run out of health insurance and money.
- My fella is not getting fed up with my seemingly endless stream of illnesses.
- My family are not getting fed up with my seemingly endless stream illnesses.
- I'll feel better tomorrow.

3 comments:

D said...

I just read this from your links "...But if you have an autoimmune disease, your immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake."

By mistake?? Fucking incredible. What kind of mistake is that? It's like the worse joke on the planet for your own body to make that kind of fuck-up. It's now like you can say to your OWN body "go to your room and only come back when you have realised what a HUGE mistake you've made, you naughty naughty girl!" because you're in your own (naughty naughty) body.

Bloody hell.

BTW: your loved ones arent getting fed up with your being unwell ... (I Know I know them not from Pete, but)... they just want you to stop suffering ...

I really hope you feel better tomorrow ... i do.

D

Bubblewench said...

WOW! I hope these change and soon....

Anonymous said...

"Personal Lies"? I always figured you either believe what you tell yourself or you don't bother with it at all - but that's my thing.
I remember I liked the one M came up with "Just wait till my real parents come and rescue me".
The only one on there that's deffinately a problem is the immortal kitty.
Things will get better when you two get out of CT.

Rosey's Person