Monday, February 18, 2008

holidon't

No holiday here. Just horizontal rain and wall rattling wind.

I could tell simply by listening that being outside today will be a thoroughly soaking experience. Once I got out of bed, I confirmed that it even looks like we're having a minor hurricane.

Today I need to go in early to meet with some extra needy students. I've been irritable all weekend because my leg and hip have been sore and all the NSAIDs I'm taking round the clock for that seem to have started catching up to my stomach. I got into a fight with someone at the supermarket last night whose poor manners caused her to repeatedly get in my way - no play by play - it ended with most of the front of the store knowing that all she had to to was say excuse me. I came home, ate dinner (which didn't sit well), patted the cat, and watched SNL's commercial parody collection. Laughter is the best medicine indeed, but like so many meds, it's often more immediately a palliative measure rather than a targeted treatment.

Needless to say, waking up to nausea and a car horn blaring outside (redneck doorbell), my shitty mood has returned. Oh and we don't get today off. No holiday here.

Here's one of those "not a threat but a promise" statements people seem to have a hard time with (as if my knowing that I am going to react in an inappropriately strong manner to something is enough to prevent me from doing it): If my students either don't all show or show up with nothing to contribute, heads are gonna roll today, not just with that set but with the entire lot of them.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

I really hope you had a better day then you did morning.

Sorry to hear it was so rotton. Mondays always are. No holiday for me either. Bummin.