Monday, September 10, 2007

yeah, it's monday

My alarm didn't go off. I know it is rare that this truly happens, but it did today.

My day is full of running around. I'm hoping my car can stand it. When I got it back from the mechanic this last time, they made me promise I was either getting a new car or would bring it back in if I hadn't replaced it by October. Seems I don't have a lot of brake left in the rear.

Today I have an appointment with a naturopath, at the strong suggestion of my primary care's nurse practitioner. I'm a little less than enthusiastic, but I'll try it. I'm trying to keep an open mind because if it will help me feel better, then that's good.

After the nuts and berries hour, I'm meeting with an Irritator (who, true to name, simply could not meet any day last week), and promptly after that I'll be dashing off to go sit in a room with about 8 other bored to hostile teachingassistants, listening to a fluffy childish woman-girl (whom I've nicknamed "poopapotamus") tell us how to do the job she's only done once - and not well. She was rather recently bragging to me that she failed two students for turning in their final papers 6 hours late. With some context, this might not be as shitty as it sounds. But without is how she presented it, and she was really, truly proud of this. I voiced disapproval, which doesn't matter too much because my guess is that she's more interested in male approval than female.

I'll give some backstory, not lots but some, later. It involves poopapotamus taking two weeks off mid semester to get married but refusing to accommodate me for a conflict between her meeting (it's a weekly thing!) and a medical test which has already been rescheduled three times...long story. I'll tell it later because I have to run to get to the beads and rattles appointment by 1:00.

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

NOW I get your email about the alarm! That blows.

poopapotamus - how DO you come up with teh best words?

You do know that I have everyone using the supercalifragilisticexbealladoucebag one.. (I know I didn't spell it right - but I do SAY it right!)

Good luck today!

PFG said...

D gets the cred for super....douchebag. And Poopapotamus, although I can trace it's lineage as a word in my own personal lexicon of spite, is floating around out there in this collective consciousness we call the internet. (I just googled it and see some references to it from prior to my using it, which only started when I started working with one). So this makes me wonder if I happened to hear it somewhere and not notice. Although I can't imagine not noticing. I like it too much.