Monday, September 24, 2007

b-day bbq?

Used to be by my birthday, it was apple picking weather. Now, it's usually a nice beach day. To wit, my birthday weather is as follows:
Tuesday - Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.

I ask you, wtf? Where are my crisp fall days? Where is my breezy but not biting, glorious Autumn weather? I want to wear sweaters and cotton tights and boots. A prolonged summer dramatically limits my wardrobe choices and that libra cusp can make getting dressed a lengthy ordeal on even a less limited day.

However, we made the best of it. Since my birthday falls mid week, it means I get to celebrate it for an extended period which spans at least both weekends around it. This weekend, my fella made me dinner. My apologies in advance to the non-carnivores out there. Don't keep reading if your dietary preferences extend to others. In my defense, while I enjoy the taste of meat, I consider giving it up almost as often as I consider quitting smoking. However, I cannot afford what is essentially a dietary luxury since I'm already two different kinds of vitamin deficient. Getting my nutrients from food (which we all need already on account of the whole caloric intake thing) is easier and cheaper than than finding creative supplements for a guilt free diet.

That said, dinner tonight was thick steak rubbed with garlic and perfectly cooked on the grill, brown sugar glazed carrots, and baked sweet potatoes. For dessert, A___ presented me with a slice of unbelievably rich chocolate...well I guess "cake" is the appropriate word for it. It consisted of super dense layers of chocolate cake-like matter layered with what seemed to be a light-ish dark chocolate fudge filling. The outside was covered in a thin coating of this same fudge-like icing with curls of dark chocolate shavings.

My man rocks.

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Have a great birthday Libra Lady! (my mom's bday is Wednesday!)

I'll be back in a few weeks.

PFG said...

Thanks BW!
Sorry it took me forever to post your comment. Busy day yesterday.