Monday, December 31, 2007

7 AM Monday

I'm awake and honestly, no one's more surprised than me. Ok, maybe my intestine is slightly more surprised but I'm not sure parts count.

Sitting here while the car thaws out, drinking coffee and water, checking the weather to see if the promised overnight snow was a washout or if it's merely delayed.

What do people normally do when they're up this early? Aside from drink coffee. Eat I suppose. Er, maybe not. When I'm up this early, my gut tends to feel like I tried to swallow a cast iron pan whole around 4 PM yesterday. This morning it feels like cast iron pan washed down with a bit of dirty oven mitt.

The reason for today's way too early rising is that Max has an 8:30 appointment to have his sutures removed. Although I don't believe I've made any suspicious moves such as prepping the cat carrier, I think he's come to associate my getting up before 9 with him going to the vet since at the moment, he's hiding under and behind the christmas tree. Trying to blend in? Or just making it very hard to extract him? I think the latter.

3 comments:

Bubblewench said...

I hope all went well with Max.

What happens at 7am? Grumpy ass beotches. That's what. Trust me, I get up at 4:30. Yes, AM.

PFG said...

Why so early? My god woman, that is just inhumane! Do you need to chop your own wood for a fire to brew the coffee? Milk the cows? Slop the pigs?

Bubblewench said...

LOL! I almost wish I did...

My husband has never had a drivers license, and they moved his shop (he's a cabinet maker) close to my office, so I when he used to take the bus, now he needs a ride (no bus by new shop). So my boss let me change my hours so I can drop him off and pick him up. Aren't I lucky?

It is totally inhumane and WRONG. As of yesterday because I have to punch a clock at work now, have to leave the house earlier. So that means GETTING UP EARLIER. Can I tell you how sucky that is too?

Ok, I'm now babbling and ranting in your comments! LOL!

he just got his permit too, hopefuly license soon.