Sunday, November 26, 2006

damned if I do...

As the saying goes. It's very applicable today.

See, if I push the girl with the cat, it could make things worse. But not pushing the girl with the cat seems to have at least equally nasty possible outcomes, with a few added ones like me feeling personally responsible for failing to act should any of those potential bad outcomes come to be.

I could then resolve to push, but not so hard that I would cause her to fail to be moved. But then I have to wonder...how hard is too hard?

I also wonder what I am truly willing and able to do if I, pushing or not, find that she fails to act.

This is a wretched and frustrating mental process to be stuck in. It can go on and on, and will if I allow myself to dwell on it. I know there is NOTHING productive I can do tonight. Therefore I have been trying to put it out of my mind as best I can. Unfortunately, that is easier said than done.

No comments: